11 Simple Exercises To Help Ease Back Pain
Back pain can be triggered by a number of reasons such as osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, poor posture, spinal stenosis and nerve irritation, to name some. To determine what can help you ease back pain, you need to know what the underlying cause of your back pain is.
At Amazing physiotherapy, at the core of what we do is helping people find out the root cause of their problems and we have the knowledge and expertise to help ascertain this.
One of the best ways to prevent back pain is to keep your back muscles strong. Follow these steps to help protect your back and prevent back pain.
- Do muscle-strengthening and stretching exercises at least 2 days a week.
- Stand and sit up straight.
- Avoid heavy lifting. If you do lift something heavy, bend your knees and keep your back straight. This way, your leg muscles will do most of the work.
- Get active and eat healthy. Being overweight can strain your back. Getting regular physically activity and choosing healthy foods can help you stay at a healthy weight.
- Leg Crossover Stretch: In a seated position, cross your legs and then rotate your upper torso to the side of your top crossed leg. For example, if you cross your right leg over your left leg, then rotate your torso to the right side. Hold this position for 15-30 seconds. Do 2 sets of 5 repetitions on each side.
- Seated Leg Extension (Leg Kicks): In a seated position, extend and kick out one leg in front of you for a set of 20. Next, do the other side for a set of 20.
- Single Leg Lifts: In a seated position, extend one leg in front you and keep it elevated and extended. Lift and hold the extended leg for a set of 20 then do the other side.
- Circle Leg Lifts: In a seated position, with one leg extended in front with your toes pointed, make small circles with your extended leg in one direction then reverse the direction for a set of 5-10 in the opposite direction.
- Triceps Chair Push Ups/Dips: Start at the edge of the chair with your body forward and knees flexed, and then flex your elbows. Next drop your torso downward, then extend your elbows and elevate your torso. Remember to breathe while doing these. Consider 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Calf Raises: Seated calf raises can be done with the toes pointing forward, outward, or inward. While seated with the back straight and shoulders squared lift your heels and contract your calves. Consider 2 sets of 10 each. These exercises will really help with lower extremity circulation.
- Wall push-ups Exercise Wall Push Ups Push-ups can be done against stable walls (not your cubicle!). Lean against the wall at a 45-degree angle. Consider doing 2 sets of 10-15 repetitions. If your hands are wide, you are working your chest and pectoralis muscles. If your hands are closer, you are exerting more force on the triceps. Wall push-ups can be intensified if you flex your elbows during the push up. To really intensify the exercise, you can do the push up from your fingertips or even with one arm.
Are you still frustrated about that life-changing pain?
We often realize that people want more than just some free health tips.
Now we are offering you a chance to consult an expert advice concerning your worries FOR FREE.
Here are a few things you will learn in your free discovery visit;
- What is the underlying cause of your back pain? (Hopefully nothing too serious).
- How long will it take to treat the problem
- What to do to ease the pain?
- What other drug-free methods are there to speed up recovery alongside the natural treatment
This FREE assessment sessions are great for anyone with doubts.
It gives you the opportunity to ask questions and ensures that we are the right for you.
There are FIVE slots available for a free discovery visit this festive period …..
Secure your FREE spot now. Click here to complete our enquiry form Or call 07026750637.
P.S. Do you know someone with back pain? We are here to help them live a pain-free life too.
Kindly forward this blog post to your neighbor, colleague, friends and family to treat their pain because remember….. HEALTH is WEALTH.
Note: Referring someone to see us at our prestige Clinic will earn you free entry into our ‘referral for rewards’ prize draw.