When it comes to living with Neck and Shoulder Pain, the common questions we get are:
“Why is this happening to me?”
“Why am I still suffering with Neck and Shoulder pain after putting up with it for 3 months and sometimes, more?”
Most people think that when they get Neck or Shoulder Pain, the pain is going to go away on its own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll vanish; however, months later you’re still living with nagging pain even worse than it was when it came on.
Is This Person You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our physio clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” to “see how it goes” – but then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better, only to be given ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills.
Have You Had Such Experience?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a neck problem – but it’s actually your shoulder where the problem is. It’s a very confusing part of the body to work out where the problem is, and this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their Neck and Shoulder pain. Worse, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal and has been affixed into their living.
Do You Feel This Way?
If you’re currently living with Neck and/or Shoulder Pain, here are 7 more reasons it could be lasting longer than it should:
- You thought it would go away on its own – but it didn’t
- You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers; but the pills didn’t help, and as soon as they wore off, Neck and Shoulder Pain struck again
- A family member or friend told you that everybody gets Neck and Shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
- You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- You’ve tried using things like heat pads or TENS but they’ve not helped to make the pains better
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck or Shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily
- You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term
If any of these have happened to you, we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physios to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things, means that we know what doesn’t work – which means we are closer to finding what DOES. Click HERE to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice:
What Can You Do To Get Rid Of Neck/Shoulder Pain?
Well, here are 4 things you can do:
- First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed. Or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions – ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting you felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture, and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physio – Physio is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact, at the Amazing Physiotherapy Consultation/Treatment Rooms, it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulder, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physiotherapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
How can choosing to see a Physiotherapist at Amazing Physiotherapy, help you get rid of Neck and/or Shoulder pain?
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all – often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night sleep – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all
- We can help you avoid dangerous neck or shoulder surgery and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain had taken from you
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
- Basically, The Physiotherapy Team at Amazing Physiotherapy can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic neck and shoulder pain
We have over 30 reviews on Google and a 5 star rating across each of our 7 clinics, and a patient testimonial video from our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center on our YouTube channel.